My Top 25
- Auburn- There is still no reason to drop the Tigers from my top spot.
- USC- Slowly this team is starting to remind me of the 2003 national title team.
- Ohio State- The offense is just too good to keep the Buckeyes out of the top 3, and the defense will progress each game.
- LSU- Talent wise, there are few teams in the Tigers' league.
- Texas- I would not be surprised to see a repeat.
- Notre Dame- Unlike the Buckeyes, the Irish defense will not get better as the season rolls along.
- Iowa- The schedule is very favorable, and the talent is not too shabby either.
- Florida State- This team is ready to surprise the nation.
- Michigan- There is too much talent on this team to keep the Blue out of the top 10.
- Oklahoma- This team is very good, but not great in my book.
- Louisville- Could very well play for the national title.
- West Virginia- 12-0 is a good possibility, but talent wise; this is where the Mountaineers belong.
- Florida- The Gators season hinges on quality quarterback play.
- Miami- The 'Canes overhauled the coaching staff, will it pay off?
- Clemson- The Tigers are top 10 worthy, but have to prove it on the field first.
- Georgia- If last year was considered a rebuilding year, then what would you call this year?
- California- The team is good, but hardly top five good some pundits are predicting.
- Tennessee- The Volunteers will back to their old SEC title contending days.
- Virginia Tech- The loss of Vick is a both good and bad, this ranking is the bad, for now.
- Nebraska- The Cornhuskers have a good shot to win a somewhat "weak" Big 12.
- Penn State- There is holes to fill, but nothing too big for JoPa to overcome.
- Boston College- The Eagles have dropped, but some big early season wins will put them back in my top 10.
- Oregon- The Ducks will win their share of games, but the defense is a concern.
- Texas Tech- The Red Raiders are this close to getting over the hump and becoming an upper echelon team.
- Arizona State- The Sun Devils need to stay healthy.
on the outside looking in: Georgia Tech, Arkansas, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Alabama, Michigan State, Utah, Maryland, TCU, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Oregon State, Fresno State, Arizona, Kansas, Rutgers, UCLA, Navy, Purdue, Washington State, Tulsa, Boise State, UCF, N. Illinois, So. Miss
bold-teams to watch