Blogpoll Top 25 and Week 3 Recap
- Southern California (1)
- Virginia Tech (2)
- Louisiana State (3)
- Texas (4)
- Florida (10)
- Ohio State (6)
- Florida State(8)
- Georgia (7)
- Alabama (11)
- Michigan State (19)
- Tennessee (5)
- Notre Dame (9)
- Miami (15)
- Michigan (16)
- Georgia Tech (13)
- Arizona State (17)
- Louisville (24)
- Purdue (14)
- North Carolina State (18)
- Texas A&M (22)
- Clemson (23)
- California (20)
- Boston College (12)
- UCLA (nr)
- Texas Tech (21)
out- Fresno State (25)
just missed- Penn State, Minnesota, Iowa State, Vanderbilt
on the radar- Toledo, New Mexico, Oregon
- USC enough said.
- Virginia Tech, LSU, and Texas no reason to drop.
- Florida outplayed Tennessee, but it wasn't impressive.
- Ohio State was suffering a post Vince Young hangover.
- Florida State needs to improve, but winning at Boston College is big.
- Georgia has looked average ever since beating Boise State.
- Alabama looks real good, Florida comes to town Oct. 1.
- Michigan State has a good shot to win the Big 10. State needs to step up the defense.
- Tennessee remains at #11 on talent alone.
- Notre Dame is still a top 12 team in the country. The defense got shredded, but the Irish might be the only team to have a chance at USC.
- Miami won a close game at Clemson, but the Canes are still not top ten worthy.
- Michigan rolled over E. Michigan, but must beat State on Oct. 1 to get back among the elite.
- Arizona State hosts USC on what looks like a big college football day, Oct. 1. The Sun Devils offense is putting up ungawdly numbers.
- Louisville whipped Oregon State. If Oregon State plays Arizona State tough this weekend, it will only make the Cards look better.
- Purdue struggled against Arizona. The Boilermakers must shut down Minnesota this weekend to move up.
- NC State is off the radar for the moment.
- Texas A&M pasted SMU. The Aggies won't be challanged until Nov.
- Clemson might lose four games this year, but still be a top 15 team.
- California is being decimated by injuries. Illinois might be better than first thought. The UCLA games looms large in the coming weeks.
- Boston College could not beat FSU at home. It might be awhile before the Eagles get near the top ten again.
- Texas Tech gets no respect laying 80 on Sam Houston.
- UCLA just might be a top ten.
Games I watched:
- Oregon State-Louisville(all)
- Michigan State-Notre Dame(all)
- Alabama-S. Carolina(flipping on 2nd tv)
- Oklahoma-UCLA(flipping on 2nd tv)
- Fresno State-Oregon(all)
- Tennessee-Florida(flipping on second tv)
- Florida State-Boston College(flipping on second tv)
- Arkansas-USC(2nd quarter)
Games of the Week:
- Michigan State 44 at Notre Dame 41 ot
- Miami 36 at Clemson 30 3 ot
- Fresno State 34 at Oregon 37
- Matt Leinart, QB, Southern California
- Vince Young, QB, Texas
- Reggie Bush, RB, Southern California
- Sam Keller, QB, Arizona State
- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
- Maurice Drew, RB, UCLA