Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bowl Predictions

I have been making bowl predictions every week since my preseason picks. I have not posted them because they just look ridiculous this early in the season. Maybe I should reconsider after reading the bowl predictions at cbssportsline.com.

I won't go into detail on all the question marks, but Vanderbilt in the Peach Bowl. We all love the feel good story of the Commodores, but come on they lost to Middle Tennessee State last week. At 4-1, Vandy has to win two more games just be bowl eligible. Kentucky and at South Carolina are the easiest games. I doubt they can upset LSU or Georgia at home or win at Tennessee or Florida. Peach Bowl goes to the 4th place team from the SEC. Vandy might make to the 6th spot at the hometown Music City Bowl, or maybe the Houston Bowl, where the 7-8th place SEC is destined. Wait, cbssportsline.com has top ten LSU playing in Houston, and have Clemson and South Florida filling the SEC's spots in the Independence and Music City Bowls.

Yes, the SEC has an agreement with the Houston Bowl, but have yet to send a team to Houston in the first two years of the agreement. The Music City and Independence have first pick of an SEC team before Houston, and this year should be no different.

Oklahoma State sucks. I have no idea how cbssportsline believes the Pokes will win six games and make it to the Fort Worth Bowl.

I will release my bowl predictions Sunday morning, they can not be any worse than the crap over at cbssportline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home