Blogpoll Roundtable 8
- ACC- Virginia Tech-were my preseason pick, no reason to shy away from the Hokies now.
- Big East- West Virginia- I thought they would tie Louisville for the BE in the preseason, but with Louis. loss at USF, and Pitt sucking, WV looks like they could go 10-1, maybe 11-0, see below.
- Big Ten- Ohio State- I picked the Bucks to tie for the B10 in the preseason along with others. Michigan State is tempting but they have to go to the 'Shoe.
- Big 12- Texas A&M- My preseason pick, the game at Oklahoma does not look so tough anymore, and the 'Horns must travel College Station.
- Pac Ten- Southern Cal, not unless the Trojans fall apart and lose this Saturday at ASU.
- SEC- Tennessee- My preseason pick, still my pick as long as Clausen is behind center.
- non-BCS-none UTEP will not go unbeaten, if not Sat. at Memphis, they will lose at home to UAB in Nov.
2. What team currently out of the Top 10 (AP or Coach's, doesn't really matter), has the best chance of ending up in the title game?
West Virginia, I like Bama but the Mountaineers could be a surprise darkhorse. If they beat Va Tech Saturday, that will be their marquee win and 11-0 is a good possibility.
3. When you're watching a game, what type of fan can you absolutely not tolerate being around?
The drunk stupid idiot.
Bonus: A sizable portion of Michigan fandom is in full meltdown mode (myself especially). Some have chosen to sequester themselves for this weekend's game against MSU to avoid scaring children, causing long-term psychological damage to those in the near vicinity, and most especially to avoid jail (I'm not saying this is me per se). Anyways, we need some help. Give us some ideas for replacements for LLLyd Carr (3 L's for the number of losses per year, and no O this year either). Assistant coaches, head coaches elsewhere, etc. Please, give us something to look forward to.
Norm Chow, Fresno State didn't hire him in 1997, hired Pat Hill instead(not a bad hire). I don't know why programs pass this guy up. Chow is itching at chance to become a head coach. With Michigan's talent and tradition(think BYU's glory days with USC players) the Wolverines offense would be among the best in the country.