Bowl Picture Becoming Clearer
- Navy excepted a bid to the inaugural Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego yesterday and today TCU is expected to except an at-large bid to the Houston Bowl.
- Utah is also expected to be invited to their third straight bowl game, the Emerald in San Francisco. Their opponent will likely be from the ACC, maybe the NC State-Maryland winner.
- Colorado State looks to be the front runner for the Mountain West's spot in the Poinsettia Bowl, leaving New Mexico scrambling for a bowl.
- The Las Vegas Bowl gets their wish, BYU will be invited today.
- The WAC could have as many as four teams going bowling but nothing is certain beyond a team in the MPC Computers Bowl and Hawaii Bowl.
- The Music City Bowl has a verbal agreement with the ACC that should benefit Virginia.