Week 12 Picks
The Biggest Games(ranked by significance)
1. Fresno State at USC- In arguably the Bulldogs biggest game ever the stakes are high for both teams. USC is on a quest to win three national titles in a row, while Fresno State wants to prove they belong among the elite of college football. USC 41, Fresno State 28. Link to Preview.
2. Alabama at Auburn- The Iron Bowl takes a back seat to Fresno State, huh? Well, if Alabama had not lost last week against LSU, the 2005 Iron Bowl would have been the biggest game between the two since 1994 when both schools entered the game without a loss. Auburn 24, Alabama 17.
3. Ohio State at Michigan- If Joe Pa and Penn State loses later in the day, the winner of this historic rivalry will win the Big Ten. Ohio State has rebounded from its early losses in the season and is playing some of the best football of the year. However, Michigan has done the same. Michigan 20, Ohio State 19.
4. Penn State at Michigan State- Penn State can wrap up the Big Ten and a BCS bid with a win in East Lansing. Michigan State could easily pull the shocker and get bowl eligible. Penn State 34, Michigan State 21.
5. Clemson at South Carolina- The Palmetto State has a game to get excited about. There will be no brawl during this year's game, just some good football. South Carolina 31, Clemson 27.
6. Oklahoma at Texas Tech- Oklahoma has quietly rebounded to a respectable 7-3 record. A win over an overrated Texas Tech would almost certainly put the Sooners back in the top 25 and earn them a berth into the Cotton Bowl. Oklahoma 38, Texas Tech 31.
7. Virginia Tech at Virginia- The Hokies have fallen off the national radar faster than you can say Wahoo. This is a trap game, if there was ever such a thing. Virginia Tech can not fall victim to its past late season tumbles. A BCS at-large berth is still in the picture. Virginia Tech 16, Virginia 6.
3 Potential Upsets...........
What will happen- Maryland beats Boston College- The game is at College Park, and the Terps are improving each week. A loss by the Eagles might drop them from Peach Bowl consideration.
What might happen- Indiana over Purdue- The Boilermakers are back on track after just stinking it up early on, but for the first time in the Joe Tiller era, the Hoosiers actually have a shot at a win.
What is unlikely to happen- Oregon State upsets Oregon- Even without Kellen Clemons at quarterback the Ducks are huge favorites. The Beavers need a win to get bowl eligible and at the same time spoil their arch rivals shot at a BCS bowl. How sweet rivalries are.
Betting Man? Surefire Picks!
Washington(+3) vs Washington State- Yeah, the Cougars are very close to being 9-1, but the fact remains they fall apart in the 4th quarter. The Huskies own this series and should win straight up.
Stanford(+4.5) vs Cal- See the pattern, take the Pac 10 home dog, they will all be winners.
BYU (-10.5) vs Utah- 10.5 is a lot a points for a rivalry such as the Holy War, but Utah's quarterback Brian Johnson is out and the Cougars will looking for some sweet revenge.
all my other picks at D1AFootball.com
last week's picks